- Experience the ultimate in 4K QFHD/HD hybrid photography
- 4K QFHD 30p video with hybrid 8MP post capture
- Large 1-inch 20.1MP MOS sensor for amazing defocus control
- Bright Leica DC Lens 25-400mm F2.8-4.0
- Super-fast LUMIX DFD focusing technology
- Integrated smartphone WiFi for remote imaging control
4K QFHD Video – Vibrant, Realistic MotionExperience the world of 4K video capture. Enjoy true-to-life, ultra high-resolution images in smooth motion. Plus, the realistic ambience of audio recording with the optional Stereo / Shotgun Microphone (DMW-MS2*) with the ability to adjust sound gathering characteristics to match any shooting situation. For even greater versatility, switch to manual operation in Creative Video mode and dramatic slow motion in full-HD 120 fps video**.When recording videos in 4K, use a card rated as UHS Speed Class 3.
* Sold separately.
** The recording format is 30p.
8 Megapixel Hybrid Photo Frame Capture From 4K VideoThe DMC-FZ1000 offers a true Hybrid Photography experience for everyone. It combines 4K video recording capability (QFHD 4K: 3840 x 2160, 30 fps in MP4)* with the ability to switch easily between video and still capture for the ultimate in image creativity. The FZ1000 also enables in-camera playback screen grabs of (3840 x 2160) 8-megapixel equivalent hybrid photography photos from 4K video footage to capture the spur-of-the-moment shots often missed with ordinary still photos.
* 4K video can be recorded up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. When recording videos in 4K, use a card rated as UHS Speed Class 3.
Bright LEICA DC Lens – F2.8-4.0 25-400mmThe new LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens is created especially for the DMC-FZ1000. It has an F2.8-4.0 brightness that resists blurring even with telephoto shots, and an angle of view that extends from 25mm wide-angle to 16x optical zoom*. Comprising 15 elements in 11 groups, including 4 ED lenses and 5 aspherical lenses with 8 aspherical surfaces, this advanced lens unit achieves high MTF value. Adoption of 5 aspherical glass lenses achieves beautiful, evenly smooth defocus with invisible edge line, which is made possible by Panasonic’s unique aspherical lens mold technology.
* 35mm camera equivalent: 25-400mm.
Light Speed AF with LUMIX DFD Focus TechnologyA new linear motor integrated into the focus system achieves approx. 275% faster1focusing, compared to the conventional DMC-FZ200. In addition new DFD (Depth From Defocus) technology2 shortens the time to set the focus. It instantaneously calculates the distance to the subject by evaluating 2 images with different sharpness levels. As a result, ultra high-speed AF of approx. 0.09 sec3 (wide-end) / approx. 0.171, 4sec (tele-end) is achieved.
1 Panasonic in-house examination.
2 Woks for photo shooting only
3 CIPA standard. When using Live View Finder.
4 Infinity to 2m shooting time lag.
5-AXIS Correction / Tilt CorrectionThe HYBRID O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) + with 5-axis correction* gives you blur-less, one-handed video shooting ability. It detects and compensates for the camera’s 5 types of movement – horizontal, vertical, axis of rotation, vertical rotation and horizontal rotation. The Level Shot Function* detects the image’s horizontal line and maintains it even if the camera is tilted. It takes stable video even in high-angle, blind recording.
* HYBRID O.I.S.+ and Level Shot Function do not work in 4K video recording.
Unwire your Creativity with Remote WIFI Shooting
- Smartphone Enabled Remote Shooting / Remote View – With the Panasonic Image App, you can utilize a smartphone or tablet as a remote controller to zoom, set the focus and shoot from a distance.
- Easy Share – Instantly upload and share images on social media using the Panasonic Image App on a smartphone or tablet.
- Easy Connection – Simply touching an NFC-compatible smartphone / tablet to the camera, or scanning the QR code connects to WiFi.
- Geotagging – Tag location information to the image by utilizing the GPS log of a smartphone / tablet and share it to the preferred social media.
In-camera Creative Control / Creative PanoramaIn-camera Creative Control adds artistic and original expression to your photos and videos. Plus, create vertical / horizontal panoramic photos with a unique touch just by swiveling the camera.[Filter Effects] Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome**, Silky Monochrome**, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect*, Toy Pop*, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect*, Soft Focus**, Fantasy, Star Filter**, One Point Color, Sunshine*, **
* Cannot be used in Creative Panorama.
** Cannot be used in video recording.